THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Friday, October 19, 2007

Week 6: #15 On Library 2.0 & Web 2.0

I like the idea that services are updated and reevaluated constantly. I think that change is good. Everything evolves around the patrons. If patrons want or need a certain item. With new technology it is possible to help the patron. I believe that one day there will be set up like Netflix. Now you don't have to go rent a movie it can be sent to you. So if libraries go to this type of system. It could be consider new for libraries. I know we have ILL but this would be different. Most people look on the internet at home rather than go to a library. I think patrons would like the idea that reserves could be mailed to them. I'm not a librarian but I think that the new generation of librarians accept changes and have ideas of their own. Patrons can already put there own reserves then come in and check the items out themselves with the self checkouts. I have seen so many changes with technology, everyday it is something new. I like change. Change is also a challenge to others but with the right training change will make a difference.

No comments:

ZWANI.com - The place for myspace comments, glitters, graphics, backgrounds and codes

Try to Stay Healthy!!!